Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Break
Elder
Elder

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:20 pm

unplagiarized version of logo coming soon!

SD: RBI is the sequel to Breakette HQ, which was the sequel to Breakipidia. despite this, it really isn't like either of them.

To get down to the real point, it's sort of like a talk show that is divided into 3 segments:

R(review)

I Review a game/video/book/thing on a scale from 1-5 after praising it's strengths and pointing out it's flaws. in case your curious, the ratings work something like this:

5 = An immaculate wonderful experience that may not be perfect, but one that you will be thinking about long after it's over.
4 = Despite it's small flaws, it comes highly recommendable by the Breakster.
3 = The norm, nothing special.
2 = has some good points, but is riddled with flaws. Hard to recommend.
1 = Just don't do it. I'd rather get groped and violated by an octopus.

B (blab/blog)

I just talk about a random subject, weather it be global warming, sex in video games, or if pink haired anime gurlz are better than green haired ones.

I (interview)

I shoot the shit with a real celebrity like Rin Tosaka, Link, or the Red Cyclone.

I'm not sure exactly when this is going to start, but you can feel free to recommend stuff. Keep in mind my strict moral code prevents me from downloading stuff illegally and time is limited, so I'm not going to watch an anime that's 1000 episodes long just so that I can interview, review, or blab about it.

First episode is already planned out, but if I hear something I like, it might replace the current line up. Just to perk your interest, here's what I got:

R: Angels and Demons (movie)
B: Miku the FakeDigital Diva VS Sir Lady GaGa the Real Diva (synthesized voice)
I: Master Bison (Street Fighter Series)

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Cast
Elder
Elder

Number of posts : 414
Job/hobbies : The best Reimu

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 pm

I already have a opinion on it, But I would like to see yours on "Vampire hunter D, Blood lust". I can provide a link to the movie on youtube Very Happy!

Die...Die....DIE
~Overhype~
Back to top Go down
http://castrpg.forumotion.net
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

Number of posts : 129
Job/hobbies : Regulator
Registration date : 2009-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:17 am

Sounds interesting, I will definitely be checking this out.
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:00 pm

Cast wrote:
I already have a opinion on it, But I would like to see yours on "Vampire hunter D, Blood lust". I can provide a link to the movie on youtube Very Happy!

I'd be willing to look into it. Youtube links aren't always 100% legal, but it sounds like something that probably is. I've seen newer shows wind up on Hulu.

Vampire hunter D, Blood lust might not replace this line up, but it'll turn up next time if it doesn't.

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Cast
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:15 pm

I'll send you a PM when I get home than with a link to view it, Youtube or not, maybe its on Hulu.

Die...Die....DIE
~Overhype~
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:03 pm

Nah, I'm sure youtube's fine.

but I hear hulu has better quality...

anyway, whenever you get that link to me, it'd be much appreciated!

In other news...

Guess who's going 3D?

Sure it's a shameless recolor/minor reshape of miku, but it's still cool right?

I'm going to be trying to work on a Breakette model from scratch someday, maybe even Break.

Untill then (if ever) you may see this baby wind up in animated videos on here. What she's going to do I'm not sure yet. I need to increase the size of my 3d object library...

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 pm

Breakette looks strangely younger than I pictured her...
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Eh, yea. Heh.

Like I said, it's kind of a poor edit. I used miku as a base, which was a good choice via hair and clothing, but she's 16. Breakette is suppose to be collage age, so she does look a bit younger than she's suppose to be. The fact that miku is "smaller" than Breakette means that I lose quality when I stretch the polygons. So I decided to keep her youthful appearance for now. making the nessisary changes would make her breasts look like blocks and her waist would also look strange.

Even if I got these changes to work, she still has too many mikuisms (style of cloths, tie clips, etc). I'll have to make her from scratch some time.

Anyway, if you care to see the miku model, here it is.

Unfortunately, there is no way for me to upload models from mikumikudance into blender at this time, otherwise I would be tempted to do a body swap with Haku.

Notice the larger chest and more mature, feminine features.

Also her breasts have been weight painted so that they have soft body physics. In un-nerd talk, it means they are affected by motion and the program's physics engine. In guy talk, that means they jiggle. I should beable to do this with the breakette model I'll be making from scratch.

: D

Anyway, SD should be up over the weekend.

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:45 am

*Bites into sandwich*

Mmmm, mmmm, mmmm…

SUPER DELICIOUS!

Alright, this is episode #1 of SD:RBI.

In today’s episode I’ll be doing an interview with M. Bison and express my thoughts on Miku and Lady Gaga. But first, I’ve been asked to review the movie: Vampire hunter D: Blood lust. So, we’ll do that first.

R:

Vampire hunter D: Blood lust is a sequel to a 1985 anime that was made 15 years after the release of it’s predecessor. (Yikes) The events in the movie take place in a post-apocalyptic-fantasy-future that isn’t sure if it wants to be inspired by J.R.Tolkin or Ridley Scott.

Since I’m on the topic of theme, let’s talk a bit about the plot. The movie starts by showing a young woman being taken from her home by a vampire. After that transpires, we’re given a short review of what Vampire hunter D is. Get this, he’s a vampire hunter! Then after the splash screen, D is offered 10 million dollars from the girl’s family to hunt down that durn vampire and bring back the girl. So our just hero…informs them that she’s most likely dead and that he’ll only bring her back for twice as much money?

So much for starting off the movie with a solid protagonist…

And after the new arrangements, his bloody quest begins. Vampires and people will die here and there, but more on that later.

If you’re the kind of person who enjoys a hard-boiled plot, then please fast forward to the last 10-20 minutes of the movie after the deal is arranged. The large juicy center of the movie is a minefield of deus ex machina and boringly predictable plot twists, as well as a complete change of direction in the story. I guess you’ll have to watch it after all. Oh well…

There are a few other characters that seem like they should be mentioned aside from D, the vampire, and the girl. we also have a human vampire hunter named Leila who acts like a bitch about as often as D doesn’t show emotion. (That’s almost all the time) D also has a talking hand, and although he’s kind of annoying, he grows on you. But that’s about all the important characters really. Sure, there are a lot of other characters, and they have interesting powers and abilities, but none of them are even remotely important and just seem to bog down the movie with their nonsensical, uninteresting dialog. It’s really a shame that none of the characters open up until the end of the movie. It would have been much more interesting than listening to bit characters babble about absolutely nothing.

Speaking of babbling, the voice acting is okay. The lack of content within the dialog aside, I wasn’t annoyed with any of the voices. It’s no funimation, but it’s not 4 kids either.

For a 2000 anime, the quality of the animation is pretty good. Even if you’re not looking at the characters, the backgrounds are quite detailed from aria to aria during this grand chase. They got a bit lazy in parts, like ripples on water being represented as white rings, but for the most part it’s pretty solid. The characters move very fluidly and are more “human” looking than most of that era. I’d also like to give a nod to the character designs and the devil hunter mobile that Leila and her companions ride in. It was part anime craziness, with a dash of gothic darkness. Without that aspect, the movie would have been lost.

A bit out of order, but I simply must comment on the fight scenes before I wrap this up. They were mediocre at best to be brutally honest, mostly relying on generic angles and flashing sword slashes on the screen. Still, it was beautiful enough that I didn’t care. But every battle seemed to end in a way that had me calling “BULL SHIT” in my head so loud it may have been audible. Some of said deaths include getting stabbed in the shadow, struck by lightning (not manipulated by magic) and simply getting killed with a single sword slash without putting up any fight, despite the fact that said character totally owned in previous battle.

Overall, Vampire Hunter D: Blood Lust is an okay watch. I’d only recommend it for the visuals however, as the plot leaves much to be desired and the fight scenes aren’t anything special either. Admittedly the ending was pretty satisfying, which is more than I can say for most animes in this genra. If only they had stretched it out a bit to cover more of the anime…

This movie got 3 deranged vampires out of 5

“Three against one? That’s not fair, THAT’S NOT FAIR!”

NOTE: After watching the anime and looking at the user who submitted said videos, I have to question said legitimacy of the youtube link. Although they’ve been up for over 4 months, they’ve had a relatively low number of hints. It’s possible it simply passed under the moderator’s careful watch. Having said that, I will no longer review you tube links that come from anyone but the publisher’s account.

B:

Miku VS Lady Gaga.

So you walk into a nightclub about a half hour before closing time. The owner gets up on stage and declares that the event everyone’s been waiting for is about to begin. Lady Gaga is going to be singing against Hatsune Miku.

In no time at all, an anime schoolgirl and a techno diva take the stage, giving each other annoyed stares as they reached for their mics.

Who would win? Who would meet their maker?

Before I attempt to answer this question, I’m going to take the time and explain what miku and gaga are, and why this is such an important debate.

Miku is the first in a series of synthesized voice programs called vocaloid2. (Usually just called vocaloid, as the original wasn’t as stable as the sequel) Miku was extremely successful, and has helped a lot of new songwriters establish a solid career in Japan. Despite only being around since 2007, her image has become quite popular in everything from youtube videos to fan art, and even has a videogame in the works.

In the other corner, we have Lady Gaga, who is also a relatively new star. She has quickly become popular with hits like paparazzi, bad romance, and poker face. She has greeted the queen of England in person, and has even played live in time square. She also knows her way around a synthesizer and piano quite well.

The important debate at hand is what’s better? A fake singer who can perfectly sing everything, and sing in ways a human couldn’t possibly hope to match, or a real live breathing diva that sings very well?

I’m not going to lie. The fact that Miku is both a program and a cute anime girl has my inner geek and weabo simultaneously climaxing in exitement. I’m also kinda turned off by hermaphrodites. Regardless, I will do my best to judge both fairly.

To start my test, I listened to both sing a few songs. Unless you’re not on planet earth, you should already know Gaga has a nice voice. Perhaps her range is limited, but nothing that would stop her from singing professionally. I’ve only heard Miku sing Japanese, so I can’t really comment on her ability to actually sing. However, I will say that girl has incredible range. She also sings everything from Techno to J-pop to J-rock. Miku takes this round easy. Even if I can’t understand what she’s saying, you can’t deny the versatility of her voice.

Next up were music videos. Gaga took the floor with a combination of Michel Jackson style storytelling with Britny Spheres sex appeal. Although I like the story telling aspect, I’m not sure if I need to see Gaga’s ass in a fish net every stinking frame. I know there are those of you that would however, perverts. The quality of Miku’s videos all vary from creator to creator, but they all depict her dancing in catchy, cute ways. Which one is better is a matter of taste.

Up to round 3 and so far Miku’s in the lead. However, this last round is about real world presence. And sadly, Miku will never appear live on stage. She will never wage war on racism or donate money to charities. She doesn’t have an opinion on gay marriage, and never will express her joy for all of her loving fans. Further more, we have to question if she has any fans. Can she really have fans if she’s not real? I mean, being a fan of a sound synthesizer is like being a fan of a Les Paul. You can love the way it sounds, but you really can’t appreciate it like you can a human being.

I once watched a nobody band play a buncha cover songs at Disney world. You could feel the emotion and the energy of the band while they played. Perhaps they didn’t sing the songs perfectly or even as well as the originals, but somehow I think watching four guys pushing levers on synthesizers wouldn’t have been as satisfying.

I think the ultimate decider in this Miku/Gaga face off is going to be how the future perceives synthesized vocals. Synthesized music has failed the test of time in the past. Most of the people who use them remain as untalked about as disco and all those other failed “fads”. However, as long as the quality of the vocaloids remain high, there may be a future for that type of music. Maybe songwriters will slowly start to take the spotlight and become the new stars of music. Whoever wins, it’s ultimately up to you.

May the best diva win.

I:

Oh boy, it feels like forever since I’ve interviewed anyone. I guess I should be thankful Breakette was able to deal with the SoS people. Well enough about me, we’re interviewing M. Bison. Give him a big ol’ hell yea everyone!

MB: Bow before me and wallow in your own despair you pitiful creatures! For your sin and vice powers my Psycho Drive with each new crime you commit!

Break: Erm, mind taking a seat? I mean think of all the power you’ll save.

MB: My power already continues to grow at a rate that I can stand and still recuperate Psycho Power! But sure, I’ll humor you a bit funny man…

Break: Don’t toy with me Bison. I may not have Psycho drive, but I’m hyper active and can consume a cake faster than you can say “spank me teddy.”

MB: I’m sitting. Quit wasting my time and prepare to air my message of doom on all channels.

Break: Well, I’m not sure how many people watch Cast RPG, but it is on the Internet. Let’s start that interview…

So, care to explain how all that stuff got left out of SF4 and now we have to get SSF4 so that we get stuff that should have been in the game when it launched?

MB: I must admit with GREAT pleasure that that was all part of my plan. In truth I’m getting a kick back from both games. So with everyone buying both games I’ll be able to build my Psycho drive again twice as fast. You don’t need to tell me how annoyed you are, I can feel your anger radiate out from the Psycho Drive. That’s what you get for destroying it every blasted game!

Break: You like saying that word don’t you? Well, did you consider the fact that with twice as many games out, your Psycho drive will be destroyed twice as often?

MB: Wai-wha-?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo…

Break: Yea um…

Word has reached me that the M in your name actually stands for Mike, not mighty. Is there any truth to that?

MB: Wha? No, I’m afraid that’s all made up.

Break: but wasn’t your name Vega in the Japanese version? The rumor goes on to say that Mike Bison was the name of the boxer Balrog (us version) and that you took his name because Mike Bison sounded too much like Mike Tyson, and Vega just wasn’t very intimidating for the main antagonist or the bulldog boxer. So the three of you swapped names.

MB: No that all sounds very far fetched…

Break: You’re blushing.

MB: NEXT QUESTION! BEFORE I CRUSH YOU!

Break: Why do you suck so much?

MB: That does it… PSYCHO CRUSHER!

Break: QUICK ZOMBIE KERBIE! GO GO GO!

http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

wew…

Anyway, I guess it’s time to think out the next episode.

R: Angels and Demons (movie)

The sequel to the epic Da Vinci code. How does it stack up to it’s counterpart? You’ll find out soon enough!

B: Gimmicks, stereotypes, and fads. (media)

Do they do more harm than good, and how much do you really enjoy them?

I: Gail (Silver myth bane)

Main protagonist from the SoS roleplay wants to chat with your host, Break.

No zombie kerbie, you have to spit him out now. But… do it elsewhere…

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:53 pm

*applause* Zombie Kerbie is the coolest tihng I've seen in forever. Besides that, I was entertained by RBI and found the interview to be the best part. *salutes* Good day to you, Break.
Back to top Go down
Cast
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:15 am

It was both entertaining and insightfull! : D Great job!

Die...Die....DIE
~Overhype~
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

I'd like you to make a brief list of some of your interests. It would help make future episodes better if I actually talked about stuff you guys had an interest in. For instance, let's say one of you guys like naruto. I probubly wouldn't catch up on the entire anime, but I'd be sure to talk about ninjas from time to time. I'll still throw in some typical breakmeister wackiness every so often of course.

That's kind of why I started RBI. Even if you aren't a guru on the subject, you can still find enlightenment. BHQ and Breakipidia on the other hand were just craze fests. not that that's bad...

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Cast
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Ninjas, Hellsing, Bleach, Guild wars, Breaks sexyness, Breaks Randomness, Flash games and oh yea, did I mention Breaks sexyness?

Die...Die....DIE
~Overhype~
Back to top Go down
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:49 am

Here's the list in no particular order.

Batman(super heroes in general), tons and tons of video games(Capcom), Lord of the Rings, short sci-fi films, horror movies, crazy food, hot chicks, and electronics.

Oh, could you review this on the next episode?
Panic Attack

Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:47 am

Next episode is the special holiday episode, so no. However, I’m having difficulty coming up with things to interview gail about, so today is RBR day!

MMMMMM SUPER DELICIOUS!

Alright, I’m sure you remember the line up I had planned for today, so I’ll just go ahead and start on the review. I hope nobody minds, but I decided to review Phantasy Star Portable instead of Angels & Demons. My choice was mainly put on by the fact that Vampire Hunter D had similar flaws and stuff, and I didn’t feel like doing what would ultimately be the same review twice. So instead, I thought I’d review a game I played recently. I knew you’d understand <3.

R: Phantasy Star: Portable (PSP)

Phantasy Star: Portable (I’ll just call it PS:P for the rest of the review, I’m pretty lazy that way) Is a sequel to the game series’ last installment: Phantasy Star Universe. Despite being a sequel, you don’t need to have played the last installment to know what’s going on, as they bring you up to speed with a quick movie that outlines the events that have transpired. That is to say, decades of war and conflict between all the races. The races include Humans, Newmans (elves basically), CASTs (robots), and Beasts (giant ewoks you do NOT wanna piss off!)

As far as “this” game goes however, I’m sure you can guess the plot if you’ve played either PSO episode 1 or 2. You’re a new recruit for GURDIANS who’s just finished his/her training and is now going to be given a first assignment. So they pair you up with a synthetic human called Vivienne, whose cuteness and innocents makes Hatsune Miku look like a rugged tramp.

All character interactions are displayed in a visual novel like format. You get a background, and pictures of the characters appear in poses that changing accordingly. This may seem like a cheep excuse to skip out on full-blown CG cut scenes, but when you consider all the important conversations that take place, (which are fully voiced and sound pretty good I’ll add) the “laziness” is understandable to make things fit on such a small disk.

The assignment requires you to uncover the mystery on why these guard robots are going crazy and destroying everything. A few mobs of creatures later, and you come face to face with a goth chick called Helga, who likes small hats, and laughing evilly. But she has a sexy voice, so it’s all cool. She’s supposedly a terrorist, and the one responsible for making all these robots go bonkers. Later you’ll discover that this ties in with the appearance of an alien race called SEED that morphs wildlife into more sinister creations.

That’s about where the similarities end, and the story starts to get impressive. It should be noted that I’ve never played PSU, so I’m not sure if that also has a plot superior to the old PSO games. PS:P may not be Final Fantasy Seven, but it does have some interesting plot points that keeps you from feeling like your just running a gauntlet of mobs followed closely by a boss battle.

Perhaps the best part of the game is how articulate the creators were when crafting their universe. All of your party members are clearly more than just generic stereotypes, who all have their own strengths and faults. There’s reason and depth in all of the races political systems and behaviors. The world just comes to life with all this extra detail that’s been painstakingly crafted into every NPC.

Now, I’m well aware that you probably remember me bashing last week’s review because of how it talked about useless information. I’m afraid I just wasn’t being very clear on that. You can make details as vivid as you like regardless of the media the story is. However, Blood lust did so in a very boring way, choosing not to shed light on far more interesting subjects like how the relationship between the vampire and the girl started. PS:P however makes sure you hear about all the interesting bits and leaves you satisfied, or in some cases, begging for more.

When I first played PSO episode 1, I was too young to comprehend how bad the game play was. It wasn’t so much that it was bad, but the enemies all had boringly repetitive tactics like marching at you in a straight line. It was also MANDITORY that you just stood there and grinded hours on end until you were strong enough to just barely survive one of the bosses “undodgeable/unblockable” moves. You were also very lucky if you spent less than 20 minutes getting set up. Honestly, it took that long to do all that running around if you wanted to sell your useless junk, re-stock on potions, check for more powerful equipment, deposit/withdraw money, buy said equip, deposit your leftovers, then make your way over to the main portal/telipipe and beam down and actually start playing!

I’m happy to say that a solution to the long drawn out task of getting ready has come. Instead of doing all that walking in a 3d environment you don’t appreciate anyway, you now have a map with little icons on it that represent all the NPCs and shops you can talk to. Simply select a shop, and badda bing badda boom, you’re shopping! There have also been may other improvements, like it actually has a compare mode so you can see exactly how good rod X is compared to rod Y, so you don’t need to back out of the shop to look at your gear. Another time saver is that NPCs icons glow if they have something new to say, so you don’t end up talking to people you’ve spoken with before. You also don’t drop all your money upon death, so you only need to deposit things if you can’t use them or just don’t want to sell them. Now the shop/deposit/play sequence takes more like 5 minutes instead of a half hour!

The game play in PSO was always very linear, regardless of the class you chose:

Hunter: Hit and run

Ranger: Above, but with more range and less damage. And less HP

Force: Above, but WAY more damage and you need to worry about running out of money to buy TP potions with. And even less HP.

Hard to believe I was actually able to play a character for over 200 hours through 3 difficulty modes. You can cry, I know I did.

PS:P has a lot more variety in terms of attacks, not that that’s saying much. PSO had 3 kinds of attacks for weapons. You could do a normal attack, a power attack, which is slightly delayed but deals a bit more damage, and some weapons have a special attack that inflicts a random attribute. These attacks can be arranged to form a 3 hit “combo” of your choice, with special inputs dealing slightly more damage than the attacks would deal separately or in a different order. In PS:P, you don’t have a silly power attack. You do still have a 3 hit combo, but anytime during that you can use a special attack that you LEARN. No more holding onto weak weapons because you like the life-stealing/death-dealing attribute.

But that’s just the melee attacks! The guns also have special bullets that you can learn, but instead of firing them in a lame 3-hit-combo sequence, you go into first person view and aim down the sights! The only drawback to this is you can’t move while in this mode, so don’t expect Medal of Honor or Halo style FPS action out of this.

Spells are also far more complex. Not only does EVERY one now deal some nasty abnormal status (burn, silence, poison, freeze) but they behave differently as well. Foie is a fast moving fire projectile that deals massive damage, Barta is slow but moves through people, causing multiple hits and potential freezing, Diga may be slow and only hits one person, but this earth spell will silence and knock smaller creatures onto their backs or stagger larger ones. My only gripe with these is that you can’t lock onto people.

Still, you can imagine that even with these improvements the gameplay can still get stale. So I’m proud to announce that they’ve incorporated 2 things that might make things more interesting for you. First, the game has easily accessible quick slots for changing weapons or using potions on the fly in combat. Before going into battle, just select some weapon/spell combinations and you’re ready to go. Put a saber and pistol in one slot with spin slash and mele hit (a HP stealing attack), a sword in the other slot, and why not? A massive staff with 4 pwnsome spells attached to it. The only bummer with this is that if you’re a magic specialist like myself, you want to have all your spells at your disposal. But you can only equip 4 spells to a staff and you can’t change the spells on the staff from the quick slots, so you need a bunch of very good staffs if you want to cast all of your spells at max potency. So us mages will just have to get use to manually changing spells out of battle, or accept the fact that we may need to cast some spells from a weaker weapon.

The second thing (which is better than the quick slots imo) is that your character can change classes whenever he/she wants outside the mission aria. Sure, you’ll have to level up these classes if you want them to be as good as your main one, but it’s still faster than having to start all over again at level one.

There is some bad news however. Despite the attempts to make the game play better on the player’s side, the enemies are still very bland and lack decent tactics. If you’re ever attacked by a mob, the groups of creatures are almost always the same as each other, or share the same elemental weakness. Their attacks are always very limited, as each enemy only has about one or two different attacks. This makes them predictable, and easy to over come. Only the bosses offer any interesting sort of challenge, and if you do lose to them you’ll have to start all over again and fight your way back. Telipipes don’t exist in PS:P, and every enemy will re-spawn after you die. You’re back to square one. Of course, the game is easy enough that you won’t die very often. But that doesn’t make it any less frustrating when it does happen. On the up side, you keep your money, and you don’t have to venture back down there to retrieve your weapons.

The problems don’t end with the bad guys however, as your allies aren’t much smarter than doh doh birds. All they do is stand beside you and attack people when they get too close. So if you choose to fight from a distance, they will idly stand beside you and get bombarded by spells your foes are throwing your way. Another interesting aspect is how your allies are continuously screaming to “spread out” and “surround the enemy”. That’s all fine and good, but how do they expect to do that remaining at my side 100% of the time?

And speaking of friends, it wouldn’t be a PS game without a multiplayer component. The game is considerably more enjoyable with a human player. Not only are the dumbest players far brighter than the crappy NPCs, but they are also far more entertaining in combat. Hearing my brother roll play as his CAST supremacist is far more entertaining than any of the in-battle quotes the NPCs keep reusing. There are only 2 downsides to this mode. Number one, you can’t play story mode with friends, and number 2, you can only play locally. So unless you have a friend who’s willing to play the game with you *looks coldly at Cast* you’ll probably have to stick with single player mode.

Phantasy Star Portable is a surprisingly good game. Although the game play is a bit lacking, it still manages to impress with its gloriously detailed world, decent graphics, and variety of combat moves. I would categorize it as a “Grand Theft Auto” kind of game; you really have to make your own fun. Don’t swear never to use a firearm or laser sword just because you’re a mage, because the game will be less repetitive if you occasionally use these things. Grand theft auto is considered a good game because of all the things you can do, despite the fact that none of them are executed to the best degree. It’s not perfect, but is highly recommended for anyone who enjoys the PS universe or wants to try a multi-platform-action-RPG

Phantasy Star Portable gets 4 perverted GUARDIAN officials out of 5.

“So, would you go out with me if I took you to a romantic candle lit dinner?”

Player selects “maybe”

“I’ll wait as long as it takes!”

B: Gimmicks, stereotypes, and fads. (media)

It’s the weekend and there’s nothing to do. You don’t feel like doing anything outside and you’ve caught up on all of your favorite web comics. Break is updating RBI late and there aren’t any posts worth making in the rp section. You turn off your computer and move over to the couch, but we all know that only re-runs and infomercials play during the weekends. Still, Christmas is just around the corner and you’re holding off on buying any new games should they maybe be delivered via Santa. You start channel surfing.

Re-runs of newfangled cartoons, reality shows, dramas, it’s almost as if they’re begging you to turn off the TV. But you keep surfing, hoping that there will be something good on. Just a bit further, all this looking will pay off.

Then you get to the Sci-Fi channel, which now goes by a different name I can’t recall. On the screen surrounded in darkness is a hot yet clearly inadequate actress, bound and hog-tied. Despite her attempts to look like she’s struggling, a series of long, vine-like appendages reach up her semi-transparent dress and coil around her legs. She is powerless to stop it from pulling her inside a hole on the side of a dilapidated country house. With a few more clearly acted out twitches, the woman disappears entirely inside the womb of the house, and the hole shuts with what must be the work of poor CGI.

You’re chuckling a little bit. And if you’re not, you will when the cheesy red eyes and face appear where the hole was. That music isn’t helping either.

As it turns out, the plot is that these 5 incredibly hot babes (not including the one that was “sacrificed”) decided to go on vacation on this island. On said island, there are tribes of Indians that worship a plant that has grafted itself with an old house. One of the Indians pretends to be a tour guide, and takes these five babes into the house, in hopes that the plant will accept his sacrifice. The plant then barricades the doors, trapping all these girls inside the building.

They have all your favorite stereotypes, the all-important blond, the bitchy brunette, the “smart” red head, the fun bad-babe, and the lesbian, who also plays the roll as the goody-two-shoes character.

As the movie goes on, these girls split up to look around the house for a way out, while the plant finds kinky ways to ensnare them one by one. Usually it fails a few times, teasing off a shirt here or a skirt there, until finally capturing them successfully.

The real plot twist to this movie however is that the plant is actually an alien. The alien’s true goal is to find a suitable mate by taking all the girls and making them fight each other in a huge “bowl” made out of vines and filled to about waist level with a strange goo. The winner stays in the pit, the loser is pulled out, plastered to a wall, and then is rigged to serve as a sort of battery that the alien runs on by sticking a large vine into their belly button and mouth.

The lesbian is of course captured last, and is told by the woman introduced at the beginning of the movie (she’s a pit fighter I guess) that this is the last battle, and that the winner will make love to the alien. (how does she know that?) The lesbian says that she would rather have the woman than the alien, and then they kiss. This enrages the alien, who then tries to take both girls and tries to absorb them like it did her friends. The Lesbian is able to pull out her pocketknife, slice a vital vein on the alien, and it’s game over for the alien.

Shortly afterwards, they escape with the bad girl and the red head. The brunette and blond were too far-gone to be saved, but nobody cared for them anyway.

Needless to say, you were chuckling to yourself the whole time, mocking the poorly coordinated fight sequences and use of dramatic music. This isn’t something you would ever buy if you saw it in a store, or ever re-watch again. Yet of all the crap that was playing on the TV that day, you actually chose to watch that. All of it.

Gimmicks, stereotypes, and fads, I’ll say it again, are they all they cracked up to be?

To save you some face, let’s pretend that you kept looking and stumbled across an old movie that you haven’t seen for a while, something epic like Gladiator. My guess is you wouldn’t even consider flipping between the two would you?

So we know that a good movie > a bad movie with tons of gimmicks. But is a good movie as good as an okay movie with gimmicks, or even another good movie with gimmicks? Do they even have a bearing on anything if the movie is already good?

I suppose we should take a look at how history has treated Gimmicks.

First off, we all know fads suck. Just look at disco, it’s as dead as the 80’s. The first star wars movie was also made in the 80’s. Do you think it would be remembered and loved the way it is now if disco music played during the dramatic duals and space battles?

Stereotypes have always been there to lend a helping hand to both experienced story writers and newbies. Usually a work becomes quite popular and people start using “similar” characters in their own stories. If you need a look at what I’m talking about, look no further than anime. In every story with even a semi-romantic element that has 3 girls, there’s always a serious duty driven woman, a cute, friendly woman, and a bitch. You’ve covered the 3 kinds of girls all men dream about.

The sad story with stereotypes is that with each one that is used, it loses its influence. I was watching a “currently popular” anime called fate/stay night, and it has that generic girl set up. That originally turned me off, but then as the anime progressed I started to realize that these weren’t just stereotypes and were actually unique characters. This only seems to be that way for adults however, as children enjoy repetition. This was proven when ABC decided to play the same episode of blues clues five days in a row. The parents eventually called up to complain, but their ratings were higher than ever! Stereotypes can have a mixed reaction on an audience, especially when the characters themselves have hardly any elements to distinguish them.

And then we have general gimmicks like sex, scantly clad babes, glowing lights, patriotic appearances, etc. However, for something to qualify as a true gimmick, it has to be “a quirky feature that distinguishes a product or service without adding any obvious function or value”. You may be drawn to sword fights, but in a mid-evil fantasy world divided against itself, you’re going to have sword fights! However, it doesn’t mean that those combatants are going to be woman fighting in chain mail bikinis in a tub of mud. But can it count as a gimmick if it’s important to the story, and it’s not being used to sell the product?

I say no.

Nip Tuck, Mad Men, these are all provocative shows that portray sexual activities going on during the commercials. Despite claims of high views, I notice Nip Tuck is falling out of popularity…after it’s fifth season. But will these shows be remembered?

How about Betty Grable? She appeared in all kinds of movies and was the inspiration for just about every pinup you saw during the word war 2 era. Nobody remembers her? You remember Marilyn Monroe though and she was from the same era.

The bottom line is that gimmicks provide interest, that’s it. It can make you click on a web add, look at the back of a book/videogame/movie, and it can make you stop and watch for a few seconds. However, It will always be remembered for its content and construction.

R: Ataque de Pánico! Panic Attack! (Short film)

I love short films, especially ones that feature exquisite cinematography and effects. But they are hard to review because of their short duration. I can’t really explain it to you without giving away the entire five-minute film. All I’m going to say about it is that it’s a live action film that features giant robots from another world, and some stuff blows up.

Moving onto a far less touchy part of the film, The CGI is really the best you could ask from a buncha collage kids armed with all the school’s professional 3D modeling programs. This includes 3D max, which is considered one of the most powerful programs with a price tag of 3000+$. I actually think my free Blender program is a bit more powerful looking at Big Buck Bunny, which is twice as long and made in about the same span of time. But that had 7 guys working 24/7, so perhaps it’s not a fair comparison. But as for Panic Attack, the Robots not only looked very convincing, but you could see their effect on the environment. This includes reflections, splashes from stepping in BIG puddles of water, and…some of the stuff that blows up. That looked really cool. I also like the fact that they used a shaky high-speed camera like in “28 Days Later”. It made the clip that much more dramatic.

Speaking of 28 Days Later, they also borrowed their music for use in Panic Attack. Although the music sounds good and works very well with the clip, I’m a little disappointed they decided to slack off during the editing process. Why go through the work of creating a visually stunning clip, just to skip out on getting an original music score? I’m sure the collages music club would have gladly pushed something out for the short film.

I thoroughly enjoyed Panic Attack, and I’m sure everyone else will too. Although it didn’t have a deep storyline with an underlying moral like similar films, it had great visuals and held your interest the whole while. You really can’t ask any more of it.

Panic Attack gets 4-sub-nuclear-robots-fusing-together out of 5.

Also if you like Panic Attack, then maybe you’ll enjoy Project London when it comes out mid 2010!

http://www.jawbone.tv/featured/2-featured/330-project-london-the-most-ambitious-no-budget-effects-movie-ever.html

Alright, that’s the end of today’s episode. Let’s take a look at what we have lined up for the Christmas special.

R: Some cristmas movie/game/thing (????)

I’ll be looking for something, don’t you worry!

B: The dreads of Christmas. (winter holidays)

I unleash my inner scrooge and point out the darker things about the most wonderful time of the year.

I: Santa Clause (folk lore)

That’s right! I’ll be interviewing Saint Nick after his annual runs around the globe.

Untill next time, keep it taisty!

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:51 pm

Well, it's close enough to the weekend to write up my report now. so, here it goes! And I actually didn't change my mind this time!

R: Ernest Saves Christmas (movie)

It was very funny when I was younger, and it isn't too bad now. The effects aren't that great, but it's a 1988 movie, and it's suppose to be a comedy anyway!

Five reindeer out of Five!

B: The dreads of Christmas (anti-holiday cheer)

People drive like their head is stuck up their ass, there's too much priority on gifts, flue's are bad, weather is bad, company is mostly bad, your girlfriend will likely make you sleep on the couch, etc.

I: Santa (Folk Lore)

Santa: Pork, glue, bumble bee pickle.

Break: Haha, Bitch!

*Watches Santa chase several little children, followed by a few police officers.*

Thanks for tuning in folks! I won't even bother declaring what I'll be reviewing next week, because I always change my mind anyway.

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:34 pm

OSHI! EPISODE IS 2 DAYS LATE!

GOTTA IMPROVISE!

R: grand chase.

We should start playing that again.

4/5

B: zoophile.

they're people too! strange ones...fury.

I: Rachel (Blazblue)

Rachel: Tiny lambolia

Break: Is that how it's spelled?

Rachel: Quiet fool.

SEE YA NEXT TIME!

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Very... interesting. Forgot to give my input on the episode two posts ago. I enjoyed it by the way. You have a way with humor.

Back to top Go down
Cast
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Both episodes are remarkably Random o.o; ... second more than the first, you some how got away with it...this time.

Die...Die....DIE
~Overhype~
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:42 pm

why waist a whole day slaving over a keyboard when 30 seconds gets equal/more comments?

I use to think that you guys wanted some really good craftsmanship once a week, but I think you'd rather have my unbridled randomness. I think I discovered what we call in the pornography business, MY NICH!

In all honesty guys, even if my two best fans posted lovely things all week long, the real killer is I'm also planning on doing other things with my free time. So it's either cut back on roll playing or cut back on RBI. I'd rather RP than spending 8+ hours preparing an episode is all.

obviously 30 seconds split up over a week doesn't equal 8+ hours, or even 30 minutes, so I have this proposal for you. what should the future of RBI be?

1) Instead of doing a review/blog/interview every week, just do one of the three.

2) lolz, randomness every day sounds pretty epicz!

3) Just do the Reviews, as I trust your opinion.

4) I only read the blogs. (hahahahahaha)

5) Interviews pwn all, you should focus on that.

6) Do reviews and Blogs every other week, listening to you bitch makes me happy.

7) Blogs and Interviews only, I like the nezzled factoids.

8 ) just the views, rear and inter! (lolololololol -_-)

9) Just close the damn thing down, you're being far too dramatic over a stupid web topic. (I am not!)

10) Bring back BHQ/BP!

11) write an erotic slash fanfic about Breakette and the Rage. then post it on deviantart so that rage herself can read it. (this isn't really a choice..or is it?)

...And be serious guys. I'd rather not write at all than write stuff nobody wants to read.

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:03 pm

=) I knew that was the reason you were being so random and not as in depth with your posts! I can read your mind break... 1/100000000 times. Anyways. I choose option 11, with a dab of option 2, and a pinch of option 1.

Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:25 pm

Artorius wrote:
I choose option 11, with a dab of option 2, and a pinch of option 1.

11,2,1?

*Becomes deeply immersed in thought, as the mental imagery of Breakette mounting the Rage appears in my head. She's talking about how disposable razors are bad for the environment as she holds a strawberry Popsicle against the rage's cheek. The rage reacts to it like superman would cryptonight. Then I scoop them both up and toss them into a blender, which produced a light strawberry colored fluid. After I drink it, I scream "MMMMM SUPER DELICIOUS!*

...Um, I somehow doubt that would be very interesting, you'll have to clarify what you mean a bit better if you're going to mix and mach the options like that. Anyway, next episode is going to be an interview with an RP character from Castrpg/sos, so stay tuned.

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Cast
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:39 pm

You could just do one of the options a week rather than all three?, whatever you have a Funney/ interesting topic on a interview, you would do a interview one week, or a Review another if you have somthing you want to review.

I honestly like any of the things RBI has to offer, its just more fun to see your creativity, humor, and effort in to them.

Die...Die....DIE
~Overhype~
Back to top Go down
Break
Elder
Elder

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:09 pm

so option 1?

Alright. cool by me.

your feedback is appreciated.

No cure for Love!
Kant Kill Kawaii!
Back to top Go down
Artorius
Cozy here
Cozy here

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:39 pm

Cast wrote:
You could just do one of the options a week rather than all three?, whatever you have a Funney/ interesting topic on a interview, you would do a interview one week, or a Review another if you have somthing you want to review.

I honestly like any of the things RBI has to offer, its just more fun to see your creativity, humor, and effort in to them.
True dat!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Delicious: RBI   

Back to top Go down

Super Delicious: RBI
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next